Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Phil. 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

This verse was my "go to" verse when I was growing up as an emotional and hormonal teenager. I have to say that the words are much more valuable to me on adult issues.

Thursday is the day I return to work from my maternity leave. I am REALLY struggling with this. I thought since I had been through it before that it would be easier this time....so not true! In fact, I would say it is even harder because now I am leaving both of my sweet babies. Why is it so difficult to leave them? Before I had children, I never thought I would be the "stay at home" type. I took a year off with Riley, which was perfect, but I just don't know if we can do that again. Last night, I rocked Braylen to sleep (we usually just lay him down awake and let him fall asleep on his own). Tony told me I looked sad and I told him I was sad about leaving my babies. He understands BUT he doesn't understand, you know? I guess it's just a mommy thing.

Please pray for me this week....actually, pray for me until June, when I get out for the summer.

"I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...."

1 comment:

Patrick, Ashley, Audrey and Tessa said...

Amy...You CAN do it! I know first hand how absolutely heartbreakng it is, but I will be here whenever you need to talk about it. June will be here before we know it! The way I get through it, is to remind myself how well rounded my child will be, also, the time we have together is all the more precious. It's so hard, but we do what we must! looking forward to seeing you!