Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Favorite Fall Dish

I love Fall! Even though it doesn't feel like Fall, we decided to fix our favorite Fall dish Monday evening.....White Chicken Chili. Tony put it all together in the crock pot Monday morning and it was ready when I got home!

We seriously fix it at least once a week throughout the Fall. Tony and I can DOWN some white chicken chili.

Here is the recipe:

4-6 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- (or the already cooked chicken breast strips packages for the easy version - two 9oz. packages)
Large box of Swanson Chicken Broth (48oz. I think)
1 onion chopped (we leave this out)
2 cloves minced garlic
4-5 cans of 150z. white northern beans (Bush's is the best!) - do not drain
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
Pinch of red pepper
1 can chili tomatoes (we leave this out)
1 Large jar of picante sauce - mild or medium

After cooking and cutting chicken into strips (or opening the boxes of already made strips!!), put everything in crock pot or large pot on stove. Simmer for several hours or all day in crock pot. Add cheese, sour cream, and/or green onions before serving if desired.

Enjoy!

No comments: