Thursday, May 12, 2011

Word Books

Whenever Riley sees me reading one of my books, on my new NOOK Color I might add :-), Riley runs to her room and gets a book off of her shelf.  She comes back, curls up next to me, and "reads" her book just like mommy. 
The funny thing is that she gets her bigger books, like her Harry Potter books that are higher on her shelf , only when she sees me reading and wants to read like me.  She ignores these books any other time.  As a reading specialist, I know these books to be called chapter books or young adult novels, but as a mommy, I know these books to be called "Word Books."
I love it when she sees me reading, then dashes off to her room, saying, "I'm going to get a word book, mommy!"

P.S. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE my new Nook Color?!  Best gift ever.  :-)



No comments: