I have been putting this post off for awhile now because I wanted to make sure I could put my feelings into words.
What an absolutely, amazing experience. From training for 14 weeks to the tear filled hugs (yes, I cried when crossing the finish!) and high fives at the finish line, this was one of the most incredible journeys in my life...aside from my wedding and my children. I realize that to many people, this emotional reaction to running a marathon sounds so silly, but it truly is a part of me and a part of my life. And honestly, the journey really begins with my very first couch to 5k training session.
For the longest time, I struggled with my pride and my friendships...always feeling like an outsider. I believe 100% that God led me to running (just one and half years ago) to heal these struggles in my life and I believe He works in me through my running. I don't ever have that feeling of being an outsider anymore or feel the need to make myself or my situation "look better" because of my pride. I am content to just be me. In turn, some of my older friendships have gotten stronger and I have also formed new friendships.
I'll be writing about this experience in however many posts it takes to get all my thoughts out! I think I'm going to end this one for now.
![]() |
| passing mile 26!!! |
![]() |
| my training group....the runners' bond |


1 comment:
I sure am glad you cried because I teared up about 10 times that day just thinking about you! So, so proud! You set your goal and did not look back You rocked it! Can't wait for more reflections!!!!
Post a Comment