Monday, February 8, 2010

D Day...

Well, as you can see from my pregnancy ticker, today is my due date. I am feeling very depressed at the moment b/c I truly thought I'd have baby boy by now. I am really trying to think positive though!

I went to the Dr. this morning. The ultrasound showed that everything was fine with the baby and my fluid levels were normal. They estimate him to be about 7 and 1/2 pounds right now. I was STILL 2cm and 75%. My dr. said that he could go ahead with the induction but that he didn't feel it would be the best thing for me or the baby b/c my cervix just isn't ready. He said if an induction is done too soon, you are at a higher risk of having some type of intervention during labor, such as a c-section. He doesn't want me to have to have surgery b/c of my past medical history and surgeries. So, I agreed that I would go over. I will be rechecked Thursday and if everything looks fine still, he would like to let me go until Monday or Tuesday of next week. He will, however, definitely induce at the beginning of next week.

Please pray that I go ON MY OWN this week!

No comments: