First, to update you on the "after nap" era of day 1. Riley pooped and pee'd on the potty yesterday evening. Tony's parents came over for dinner and we took a break from it all and just put her in a pull up.
So, everyone went to bed happy and hopeful for Day 2.
What were we thinking?
Day 2 has been a disaster so far and it is only 11:30am.
8:00am Riley gets up, Tony puts her Elmo underwear on, sits her on the potty....nothing. She eats breakfast, drinks a whole cup of milk.....
From 8:00 - 11:00...we sit her on the potty every 15 - 30 minutes and absolutely nothing. She even starts not wanting to sit on the potty. She is frustrated, we are frustrated. She is stubborn and refuses to sit on the potty.
I call my mom who says, "just put her in a pullup and wait a while longer."
Tony says, "It isn't worth the stress. She'll come around eventually."
I say, "What is wrong with us, with her, with everything? She is smart...why can't (won't) she do this?" (ah, the emotions of a woman)
So, we quit. For now. I hate to be a quitter, but I wasn't going to spend the rest of my weekend and summer fighting her on something she obviously doesn't want to do.
Other News -
Monday morning, Riley will be going to Vacation Bible School for the week! I'm so excited, because I know she will love it! And it will get her back into the swing of going to "school" before I head back to work in a few weeks.
2 comments:
aw, sorry it was a frustrating experience! don't worry though...she will get it!!!
p.s. there is nothing wrong with "quitting" and just waiting another month or two. or four or five. with Ella it was just a lot easier to wait until she showed ALL the signs of readiness...then it was a quick and relatively painless process!
oh, i forgot to write about the big girl bed success...that is amazing!
Post a Comment