Dear Riley,
You turned three yesterday. This is the hardest letter I've had to write to you, because you have just grown up so much this year! How do I even put into words how I feel about you, my sweet and precious baby girl?
It has been an amazing year for you filled with many exciting milestones. You said goodbye to "bappy," moved from your crib into your big girl bed, and potty trained!
You absolutely amaze me every single day with your lovable personality. Some of your phrases, expressions, and ways of saying or doing things are so cute and funny! You are as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside.
I love the way you sweep your hair off your face when it gets in your way. You are so cute when you get excited about something and will.not.let.it.go. until you get to do it.
You are a terrific big sister. I know you are going to be a wonderful mommy one day just by watching you interact with your baby brother. Thanks to you, Braylen never has to go "toy-less." When he cries for what you are playing with, you always run and get him something to play with. You are so sweet when you have him walk to you and you reach out your arms to catch him. You can make Braylen laugh like no one else I know!
Books continue to be your entertainment of choice and your mommy loves that! I don't care what I'm doing, if I hear you "reading" one of your books, I smile. And no matter how tired I am in the morning, when you wake up and I hear you yell "Mommmmyyyyyyy," I grin and laugh.
Daddy's Girl doesn't even begin to describe how you feel about your daddy! I think if you could just put him in your pocket and take him with you everywhere, you would, and vice versa. I hope you always see your Daddy as your hero, because he loves you more than anything in this entire world. You even made daddy take a break from coaching soccer just so he could spend more time with you and your brother....now that is pretty special!
I love watching you learn new things and grow into a little girl, no longer a toddler. My little preschooler, so full of life....you are truly one of a kind.
I love you.
Love,
Mommy
March 2011
2 comments:
Oh Amy! You got me on this one!! So sweet!
So sweet. Watching them grow is the most amazing thing I've ever seen, yet the hardest thing I have experienced. We are so blessed with our girls!
Post a Comment