Monday, September 9, 2013

26.2

So, pretty much, everyone who reads this knows that I made the decision to train for a full marathon this fall.  After my 10k in the spring, I was all set to train for a half marathon, but then I started running every week with this girl....
 
....and she took me from 6 miles up to 11 miles in just a few weeks.  I love this sweet friend and I love that we both have running blood! At that point, I started getting the itch to switch to the full marathon training and the advice I kept getting from everyone was that I was definitely ready for it.  At first, I thought they (and myself included) were nuts, but the more I thought about it, the more excited I got about the idea of running 26.2 miles. 
 
And so it began....marathon training.  Total.commitment.required. 
 
So far, I'm loving every single second of it and learning a lot.  My hubby has been the most amazing support system I could ever ask for.  He will be running the half marathon the same weekend I run the full.  Excited for both of us!  I am so blessed that God has given me this ability and amazing opportunity.  I know that my strength comes from Him. 
 
This blog will serve as my journal to reflect on this awesome experience. 
 
Next week, I am running a half marathon to test out the waters of this marathon thing.  Wish me luck!

Checking off the days as I go

my pace group
the full marathon training group

Tuesday night run with my hubby and Mary...we call him our body guard



my pace group after finishing up 12.4 miles!!

Gu is my friend...every four miles, I take one of these.  I don't always use this flavor, but I do like the texture of the chocolate ones better than the fruity ones.


Nuun is also my friend...electrolyte tablets put into my water...carry it with me on all my runs.  I drink about 6-8 ounces every three miles or so.  Gotta teach myself how to stop and use the water stops at races!

Love running with Mary...we are exactly the same pace and the company is always good!

Running with our body guard :-)

 



Nutrition, nutrition....getting my lunch prepared for the week

1 comment:

lindsey said...

Love this! Inspired by your commitment! Thanks for letting me tag along every now and then :)