Saturday, January 10, 2009

Friendship

Yesterday was an exciting day! I went to lunch with two of my closest friends from high school. We were inseparable back then! Then, we sort of went our separate ways and haven't really talked or seen each other in over a decade! We are all married and have children now. Jessie has 3 children who are absolutely adorable! And Kristin has 2 who are so sweet! They both have beautiful families. To be honest, I was a little nervous about our "reunion." Remember, I'm a perfectionist, so I wanted to be just right after not seeing these girls for so long. But, as soon as they got there and we hugged and started talking, we naturally just caught back up and we just "fit." There wasn't any pride or judgement or any of that silly girl stuff....it was just three very close friends reuniting....just us being us. Now as mothers and wives, it was fun to share "mom" and "wife" stories and reminisce about those days so long ago. And Jessie's husband is a die hard U of M fan....sounds like a match made in heaven! Go Blue!

Here are some pics. I know I have a bunch somewhere that include Jessie but I can't seem to locate them. As soon as I do, I'll put those up.




Kristin and Amy - 10+ years ago









Kristin and Amy - Dynamic Dutch Duo (haha..don't ask)- 10+ years ago




Amy and Kristin - 10+ years ago


At cheer camp...can you find Kristin, Jessie, and Amy?




January 2009 Pics:
The 3 of us at lunch with all the babies (-2 who were at Kindergarten)

My no make up shot
And lastly, we went to dinner last night with half of the friend family, Josh and Kelly. We had so much fun talking and laughing, especially with the "Keith" stories...haha. Kelly is the sweetest girlfriend and I love her dearly! And of course, the evening definitely would not have been the same without me getting a kiss from Josh before we headed home! ;-)
Oh, and the other half of the friend family, Chris and Emily, finally let the cat out of the bag with their girl name (even though I had already guessed it and knew ;-) ) So, check out the Dowdy's blog and let her know that you love the name! I think it's perfect!

1 comment:

thelineberrys04 said...

Check out those pics, especially ria and laykn!!!! remember the days....... Well I will definitely have to go through my pics tonight and post some funny ones!!!! thanks again.