Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Fashion Princess

Riley's Signature "Scrunched Up Nose Smile"




So, I'm doing some straightening up around the house this morning. Riley is in her room playing, with the gate at her door. It sounds quiet which is never a good sign, so I go to check on her. Oh, the teen years are going to be so much fun...I can already tell! She's just like her momma....here's what I found....



Unrequited Love
Poor Riley is so in love with Maize. Whenever he's around, she smiles and says "bubba." It would be the sweetest little relationship ever, but unlike the Dowdy's precious Ellie and Sam, our Maize is 100% jealous and wants nothing to do with little Miss Riley. She even feeds him from her high chair all the time....he just uses her for people food!! Anyway, here's a pic of Riley climbing on Maize. But don't be fooled, people....I had to bribe him w/ a treat to let her crawl on him! Usually, he jumps up as soon as she touches him.



Other Updates:
My little 10 and 1/2 month old is changing so much every day! She's on all regular food now except for her morning breakfast, which still consists of Gerber Oatmeal and Gerber fruit mixed in. Hopefully, we can keep her on that until at least 18 months for the iron!! The rest of the day is all regular food. Her new favorite snack before her morning nap is a slice of toasted bread and a slice of cheese. And we're down to 2 bottles!!! I'm working on getting down to one, but she still won't take but a couple of ounces of formula from her sippy cup.
And last but not least, I have become a fanatic of the game, Risk. We played on Saturday night with the Dowdy and Collins families. ALL OF THE COUPLES were arguing over the game and the best line of the night was when April said to Emily, "You guys usually make me feel bad about my marriage, so, thanks!" Apparently, the Collins fam is the identical set of the Dowdy fam when they were first married. Keep your fingers crossed that a little Collins' girl or boy will be in the picture within 3 years! They're such a cute couple!
Then, on Monday, I went and bought the game myself and we played with my parents! Although, my poor dad didn't have a clue how to play. Anyway, it's a really fun game if you want to try it yourself! Or call up Chris or myself and we will get you set up! We totally missed the rest of our friend family this weekend!! Josh and Kelly, we're signing you up for Risk ASAP!
Also, ladies, when's our sleepover?

3 comments:

Emily said...

I believe for the sake of our marriage, at least until I'm NOT pregnant, Chris and I have to be on the same team for Risk!!! :):) I'm game for our sleepover, but it has to be soon!!!

April and Brad said...

Haha! Oh Emily...I am also recently obsessed with Risk and I'm down for a rematch any time!!! :) And nobody worry I paid for that comment for the rest of the night haha

thelineberrys04 said...

thats tooo funny. she is going to be into everything !