Saturday, January 3, 2009

"Ladybug" is her new nickname...

Just thought I'd share something funny...

Once a year, our house gets taken over by ladybugs. We vacuum them up but there is no escaping them. We've always had one ladybug eater in the house, Maize. Tonight, we watched him as he eyeballed one for a few seconds that was crawling on the table. In a split second, he scooped it up, ate it, licked his lips, and laid back down. He's a dog. No big deal, right?



Well, now we've got TWO ladybug eaters. I'll give you a hint - it's not me or Tony. That's right, little Miss Riley "Rew" has added ladybugs to her diet of formula, juice, baby food and table food. We watch her as best we can, but every once in awhile you'll find her sticking one in her mouth, chewing on one, or you'll hear the crunch....yuck! Just the other day, I caught her putting one in her mouth and when I opened her mouth to take it out, IT WAS STILL ALIVE!! Tony says, "At least she's getting her protein!"



Oh, the life of a parent...so much fun! There's never a dull moment.

Just ate a ladybug...






Yea..him, too





Mommy always puts me in here after I eat those yummy little red things!



No comments: