It all started Friday morning...I was feeding Riley breakfast when the phone rang "City of Salem" on the caller id. I didn't know what it was about so I thought I'd screen it and see if they left a message. The message went like this, "This is so-and-so from Salem schools. Your name was given to us by so-and-so. We wanted to speak with you about a reading specialist position. Call us back at your earliest convenience."
At this point, I was freaking out a little! I thought it may be a position for next year which would be perfect! So, I call them back. Come to find out, they needed someone for the rest of this school year (about 8 more weeks) to tutor a 9th grader who is reading on an elementary level for 2 hours a day! "Would I be interested?"
The answer to this question is ABSOLUTELY.... (a) It's Salem schools which is the hardest school system to get into around here! and (b) it's two hours a day of my life, I still get to spend most of the day with Riley, and it's a perfect way to get my foot in the door for next year!
So, I had an interview at 2 on Friday. I was so nervous and stressed, my Crohns almost flared up...but the interview ended up being easy and I got the job! Pray for me please as I begin something new!
Friday night, we went out with the Jones family. We had the best time together! We've really missed them lately! Saturday, I had class all day, then got my hair done, then we had Ken's (my father in law) retirement party. It was a fun time with amazing food catered by Jane, my mother in law. The only picture I took of the entire evening was of me so that I could see how my stylist did my hair! How come it's so hard to re-create what the stylist does to your hair?!
2 comments:
One, You are two cute! And two, congrats on the new job girl!!!
Congrats !!! I know this is what you have been waiting on!!!
Post a Comment