Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ok, I admit it...

I've been missing soccer (gasp!). Tony originally thought he wouldn't be able to coach this year and has been coming home to me every evening so far this year...it's been amazing!! However, his job hours just changed so that he is able to help coach for the rest of the season. Tonight was his first game back and I was really happy and excited to be back at it! They won..yay! I feel that he has a gift with coaching girls and think that it's good for them to have such positive male role models in Tony and Josh. They love Tony and Josh so much and I'm growing more fond of the girls each year. Riley was the absolute best little girl and didn't fuss at all...she was a real trooper even staying up almost 2 hours past bedtime! I had about 5 people tell me what a good baby she is! Oh, how a momma loves to hear that. Even though, she definitely has her moments!! And Riley got to play with Jackson, which was SO MUCH FUN! Those two sure are adorable when they get together! Jackson is growing up so fast and is such a sweet little boy.

Side note...I started my new job and am really loving it! The boy I'm tutoring is really sweet and I'm enjoying my time with him. Wow, UVA's reading program really is a good one...it has definitely helped me to be able to assess a child's reading needs and plan reading instruction accordingly. Next week, they've asked me to start tutoring a first grader as well. I still feel like I'm getting lots of time with Riley, while also getting out of the house a little and making some extra cash. I could get used to this part time stuff. They were in need of someone for more time so my hours actually changed so that I'm off two days a week. So, now I'm only working three days a week for 5 hours a day which is perfect!

And last but not least....here's Riley's current schedule. People are always asking me about it and how I got her on a schedule and stuff. I always tell people that my good friend Emily introduced me to Baby Wise when I was pregnant and it has been awesome! I still use it at 13 months.

8:00 Breakfast and milk, Video, Play
11:00 Lunch and milk or juice
12:00 - 2:00 Nap
3:00 Snack (milk and snack food such as gold fish or string cheese/crackers)
6:00 Dinner and milk or juice
7:00 milk (a little something to fill up her tummy before bed)
8:00 Bedtime (Pajamas, Book, and lights out)

1 comment:

Emily said...

ok..i admit it..i can't wait until soccer is OVER!!! :):)

love me some babywise...except it's missing the chapter about what to do with a colic baby!!! :):) oh my sweet charley must know she is going to be a middle child...she is CLASSIC middle child!! :):)