I just wanted to give a quick update about how my job is going. The kids came back this week and the most important and best thing I want to note is that I have arrived at exactly the time I'm suppose to be there and left at exactly the time I'm allowed to leave EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! I've even had bus duty this week and still get to leave on time...so different from good ol' Bedford County. When I was a classroom teacher, I went early and stayed late just about every single day, brought work home, and sometimes got the key to work on weekends. Oh no, not anymore, not as a Reading Specialist!! I love it! No parents, no grades, easy lesson plans, not as many meetings, etc., etc., etc. Don't get me wrong - I did love being a third grade teacher, but it's so nice to do something less stressful and less time consuming while I have a 18 month old and a new one coming. The sad part about this is if they eliminate my position next year due to budget cuts and I'm forced to go back to classroom teaching...sigh. I'm going to think positive!
So, if my job is sooo much easier, what am I doing all day? This week, I've been visiting classrooms during their reading blocks, offering resources to teachers, and pulling kids for some testing. Next week, I'll work with an extremely struggling second grade reader for an hour, then I will be in the Kindergarten classrooms working with children on those important preliteracy skills before they begin reading, then I'll be in first and second grade rooms helping with reading and will also be pulling some kids to my room for help in reading.
Here's a few pics of my room (cubby hole). It's cozy, but a perfect size for small groups!



And one pic of the "daddy's girl"....

And a belly pic at 18 and 1/2 weeks...only 5 more days until the gender reveal!!!
1 comment:
So all I have to say is I'M JEALOUS!!!! :) but SO happy for you!! AND WHOOO-HOOOO for finding out boy or girl...here's to a healthy baby either way!! :)
Post a Comment