








We spent last week at the Outer Banks with our Friend Fam. I was so worried about it not feeling like a vacation, but it was TERRIFIC! We had a blast! Especially the few days we had Amy Jo there! We are so blessed to have this group of friends that are truly just like family. The 11 of us are so comfortable and have so much fun together. The kids played and played and played some more. They really enjoyed having each other around. And 95% of the time, they were perfect angels...only a few meltdowns and time out sessions all week. We were so lazy and relaxed.
My hubby was absolutely perfect. He kept the kids every single morning while I went to the pool by myself for a few hours. Then we all went out together. Braylen's little canopy tent worked out great. Riley is quite the little beach bum, but I think she enjoyed jumping in the pool the most.
All five kids went down for their naps at 1:00 and most of the time, they slept until 3:30 or 4:00. The boys usually played x-box while the girls napped or read books. This "kid free" time was pretty heavenly!
We spent our evenings inside cooking dinner, taking pictures on the beach, going to the sand dunes, and playing putt putt. All the kids went to bed around 8:00. Having them all on the same schedule made things so much easier!
I know this all sounds really boring, but it was relaxing and perfect! Trust me...there were some crazy funny times and silly stories. I'll leave those versions to the Dowdy and Jones blogs!
No comments:
Post a Comment