Sunday, September 5, 2010

Weekend Trip

First of all, I want to say that I have zero pictures from my weekend trip with the kids and my parents. Why no pictures do you ask?

That would be because my outdoorsey, athletic, preppy, pretty-boy, redneck of a husband (no, those things don't really go together, but yes, my husband is all of those....crazy guy) used the memory card for my camera to put into a trail camera on our property for getting pictures of deer!
Such a silly man. Gotta love him.

Anyway, Tony had to work this weekend, so I packed up the kids Friday after work (which was absolute craziness....trying to pack up both kids, get them both fed, get myself ready, feed the dog and load them and everything into the car by myself was so stressful after working all day) and headed to Douthat State Park where my parents were camping. We had a blast!

Lots of naps, hiking, playing at the playground, listening to music, roasting marshmallows, eating, reading, and just enjoying the weekend!

We came home this afternoon and Riley and I finished off our Sunday evening "camping out" downstairs and watching a movie together after Braylen went to bed. It is so nice to get that special time with her. She can definitely be a two year old at times, but then there are those times when she absolutely melts my heart. I love my girl!

Here is one picture that the trail cam captured since I don't have pictures from camping...

No comments: