Dear Braylen,
Where do I start, little buddy? You are a big 3 year old now! The past year has been a huge one for you. Right before your 2nd birthday last year, you moved to a big boy bed, you potty trained this year, and started preschool! I've seen you grow in so many ways and you make me one happy mommy!
You like all things boy.....balls, water, potty humor, walking in the woods (my "master wood walker" I call you), animals, campfires, and getting dirty! Although, to be such a boy, you are not a big meat eater and prefer carbs, fruit, veggies, and sweets. Your fingernails are always dirty from playing so hard and I love the smell of your neck after you've been playing. The only way I can describe it is that it is a little country boy smell. I have a feeling you'll be out there hunting with mommy and daddy in no time!
You love to make up stories about big bears....one morning, I found you sleeping on the floor of your room. When I asked you why you were on the floor, you very matter-of-factly said "bear in my bed." You like to run away and pretend there is a big bear chasing you. But then you always say, "my daddy shoot that big bear!" Mrs. Sarah, your preschool teacher, says you talk at school all the time about daddy shooting a big bear.
Speaking of Mrs. Sarah, you have won her heart over this year and she yours. You are a good boy at school. You had a few struggles at first but you've really grown up a lot since then. Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you for coming home with a "he was a perfect angel" report each day. When you started school in August, you only knew 2 letter names and letter sounds...now you know 20! You went from only speaking a few words and simple sentences at age 2 to a very big vocabulary at age 3. You talk to me the entire way to school and the entire way home. Sometimes I have to tell you to let Deedee talk, too! There are lots of words that only mommy and daddy understand when you say them but that's ok! I love to hear you ramble on and on.
Your favorite toy is your yellow dump truck and you run that thing all over the house! It drives "Deedee" crazy when she is trying to watch one of her shows and sometimes I think that's why you do it. I don't mind it though because I know that one day I'm going to long for that sound again.
You have a very sensitive, shy, and sweet side to all that boy-ness though. When you're hurt or in a big crowd, you always run to mommy. You think your daddy hung the moon but mommy is your whole world in every way, shape, and form. There's never a moment when you won't take a minute to snuggle with me or let me hold you. I try to soak it up!! You grab your night-night, climb in my lap, and just sit there. That's when I usually smell that country boy neck of yours and smother you in kisses. Unless it's a ride in the truck, a trip to the tool store, jumping on the mattress, raking leaves, or other boy stuff with daddy, you prefer momma 90% of the time.
Deedee is definitely your best friend, good times and bad. I worry about you going to preschool next year knowing Deedee isn't going to be a few classrooms away. At recess, you always run to find your sister and she is so good to you!
Braylen, you are a spunky, quirky, little boy filled with a spirit like no other. I'm not sure what God has planned for you, but I can't wait to see it unfold. I hope your heart chases after Him as you continue to grow and learn about Jesus. I pray for your heart every day to be filled with His love and guidance. And I pray every day for mommy and daddy to be good shepherds. You are fearfully and wonderfully made....of that I am certain. You bring so much joy and excitement to my life.
Happy 3rd Birthday, baby boy.
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment