Saturday, March 23, 2013

On my way to a 10k

I am on my way to a 10k!  I had heard from so many people about Fleet Feet's awesome training programs and decided to join their 10k program this Spring.  My friend Jen decided to join also.  And wow! It is fabulous!!! 

It is a 12 week program.  We have a training plan that we follow on our own time on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.  Then, every Saturday morning, all the Fleet Feet people meet up and run in groups.  They have several pace groups for this 10k training - 10-11 minute pace, 11-12 minute, 12-13 minute, and a run/walk group.  Running in a group is SO MUCH more fun and easier.  The miles seriously just fly by!  I look forward to the Saturday group runs every day of the week. 

This program will get me to 6.5 miles which is halfway to a half-marathon!  I have already decided that I will be doing Fleet Feet's half marathon training this Fall. 

If anyone out there is interested in running, you should seriously consider signing up for one of their programs.







No comments: