Monday, March 18, 2013

Dear Riley,

Dear Riley,

My sweet, sweet first born little bundle of pink.  You made me a mommy five years ago.  Oh, how I remember that day so clearly.  I wasn't quite sure at first what I thought of this mommy business but it didn't take long for my heart to be completely captured.  Being a mommy to you and your brother has been the most rewarding job God has ever given me.  When I became your mommy, it was as if I finally knew my purpose in life. He created ME to be your mommy and He created YOU to be my daughter.  He knit you in my womb so perfectly that I could never have dreamed up how amazing you would be.  Five seems like such a big number....it seems like everything is going to change now that this 5 year mark is reached. The thought makes me want to cry and sing with joy all at the same time. Tears for the loss of the last five years but joy for all the experiences to come!

You have a spirit like no other.  You have such an inner beauty that simply cannot be described with words.  I pray every day that God will use that inner strength you have to show you His purpose for your life and that you will diligently seek Him in everything you do.  You could do such amazing things with that heart of yours and I can't wait to help guide you through it all.  I've always felt that your PawPaw who you are named after had some sort of hand in your life even though he went to heaven before you were born.  Your personality reminds me of him sometimes. 

You try so hard to do the right thing in most situations and that always makes us proud.  You have a photographic memory it seems and you are always amazing us with things you learn.  You take everything to heart and really try to understand it and apply it to your life.  You are so much like your mommy in that you don't care for sports, love books, and all things girly!  You do love to watch deer hunting though so I'm hoping we'll be a family of 4 out in the tree stand one day.  You have such a sweet heart and say "mommy, you're getting strong like daddy" when I get home from running.  Sometimes, when I praise you for doing the right thing, you say, "I'm just being a true princess, mommy" or "It's my job to show Braylen how to do the right thing."  You have a very happy heart most of the time and you love to sing and dance.  Your songs are the best radio one could ever have!  When we talk about you being Doctor Riley, you say, "Excuse me?  It's PRINCESS Doctor Riley." 

My favorite moments have been our "girls days out."  No boys....just the girls, you say.  You are a rockstar when it comes to shopping with mommy!  You despise wearing pants and will fight us tooth and nail to wear dresses every single day.  95% of the time when you wake up in the morning, you are not wearing the same thing you went to bed in.  Your favorite "toys" are your dress up clothes and Barbies.

You are an amazing mommy to your kitty, Lisa Sparkles.  I love hearing how you talk to her in a mommy voice. Every morning and every night, you have to go give her a hug and kiss.  It is the cutest thing! 

Rew, you will always be my baby girl...you promised us that if we let you turn 5, you would always be our baby girl.  I promise to pray for you daily and I promise to be there for you whenever you need me.  Life is going to get a little messy now with each new year...tackling new friendships, going to school, and making more decisions on your own....but God has given you a strength and spirit that can soar through anything.  You are a TRUE princess in every way. 

I love you.

Love,

Mommy






















 

No comments: