Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

3 years ago today, Tony and I said "I do." We have a tradition of taking our anniversary day off from work and spending it together. So, we dropped Riley off with Tony's mom and spent some QT together. We went to Kabuki for dinner with the Dowdys and we were so happy that they got to share in our anniversary dinner and now we are getting to ready to snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie. To reminisce a little, I thought I'd tell our story ;)

Back up 8 years....Tony and I were in the same psychology class at Virginia Western. We noticed each other, gave a few smiles, but that was basically it. We were both dating other people.

Back up 6 years...I was working at LancerLot. Tony came in to work out. I always thought he was so cute. He would always grab his card in such a way that our hands would have to touch (he admits to this...I didn't even know he was doing it!). Then, one day, even though we were both still dating other people, we started casually talking. I was actually living in Lynchburg at the time (driving back only every other weekend to work at LancerLot) and going to Lynchburg College. I said, "you should come to a party or something sometime at Lynchburg." Now, I swear, I wasn't trying to cheat on my boyfriend but this police officer cutie was HOTT. He took my number and put it carefully and safely in his wallet (remember, he still had a girlfriend). When I got back to school that week, he began calling me, but I avoided his calls because I didn't want to betray my boyfriend. Two weeks went by and his calls started getting fewer and farther between. But, then I was back at work and he came in. He told me that he tried calling me. I couldn't get over how handsome he was!!! So I told him, "Just try one more time and you'll get me." And that he did. He got me alright. I would say the rest is history but here's a little more info just for fun.

We planned for him to come to L'burg for our first date on Dec. 2nd, 2002. We went out to the mall, shared a slice of oreo cheesecake, and watched the Raiders beat the Jets in football from our dorm room community area. I'll never forget when the night was over, I told my roommate and BFF, Beth, "This is the one I'm going to leave xxxxx (insert boyfriend here) for." And I broke up with him not long after that night.

Fast forward almost three years to Sept. 2, 2005. Tony comes over to my parents' house. He tells me it is "just because" day (our special day where he does something special for me "just because"). I had told him a couple weeks prior when he had mentioned "just because" day that he could write me a handwritten note and I would be thrilled. So, on Sept. 2, 2005, he sits me down and gives me this handwritten note from him and tells me to read it out loud. Here is what it said (I still have it right here in front of me...)

Just because you make me smile
Just because of the way you make me feel
Just because of your cute little quirks
Just because you put up with me so well
Just because I love the way you strive to be the best
Just because you are so beautiful
Just because of all the things that make you, you
Just because of all the things you do for me without being asked
And because I love you so much, there is one thing I want to ask...

Well, you know what he asked! I said yes, then we went to the Jones house and celebrated with our friend family (Chris, Emily, Josh, and Kelly).

Unbelievable bliss the past 3 years have been! Thank you, honey, for being a wonderful husband and father to Riley. I love you!

December 17, 2005





December 17, 2008


3 years and 1 child later ;-)



FYI - 9 month checkup - Riley's Stats

Weight - 20lb. 8 oz. (78th percentile)
Height - 29 inches (90th percentile)
Head Circumference - 45 cm (83rd percentile)

The doctor's words were, "There's nothing small about her!"

1 comment:

Amy Jo said...

So Sweet!! Happy Anniversary!