Thursday, February 5, 2009

Farewell to Nap #2...

sniff, sniff....yes, that's me boo-hooing b/c Riley has gone from 2 naps a day to just one. I'm not only sad because this means less time for me, but also because it means she's just growing up so fast! What a whirlwind the last 10 and 1/2 months have been!

I can't get over how blessed I am to have had this "stay at home mommy" time with Riley for her first year of life! It's been a strain financially but I so would not take it back for all the money in the world. I've been thinking long and hard about returning to work in the fall. There are some days when I think I am so ready to return to work and then there are other days when I get teary-eyed just thinking about it. But, the reality is, I'll be finished with my Masters Degree in the fall (so i can't use the school excuse) and we are poor! So, I've been looking into job fairs and am planning to return to work part time or full time next school year. Riley's starting to get where she enjoys being around other children and I think the socialization would be good for her. She'll be a year and a half, which is a good time to get them socializing.....I'm hoping to put her in a very reputable daycare down the road that I've heard nothing but good things about! The other option is for Emily and I to split a reading specialist position...ooohhh the dream! Anyway, here's the new 1- nap schedule :

7:30 Wake Up, Breakfast, Watch video, playtime alone

10:00 Snack and formula in cup (we're up to 4 oz. from the cup!), reading and playtime w/ mommy!

12:30 Lunch and juice in cup

Nap until 2:30 or 3ish

3:00 8 oz. bottle, playtime alone

5:30 Dinner and water in cup, playtime w/ daddy!

7:30 8 oz. bottle and bedtime


5 days old ...

3 comments:

Emily said...

Welcome to the one nap club!!!! at least your getting 2 hours...sometimes sammy c only goes down for one hour:(

Amy Jo said...

that would be great if you and em could share that position! how perfect!
*on a sidenote, i stay on your page after i read it and jam out to some carrie underwood while i work. then the michigan fight song comes on and it startles me - i jump out of my chair :) it's gets me everytime. hehe

Jennifer Hambrick said...

We just did the whole transition to 1 nap too...so I am understanding this post. It really does go by so fast!