Monday, January 11, 2010

2009 Recap and Resolutions for 2010

We kicked off the end of 2009 at the Dowdy house. We had a great time with great friends! To see pics, just check out the Dowdy or Jones blog pages. While I have been better this go around about taking pics, I am getting to the point where I don't want to show my "fat, preggo" face more than I have to, so if you want to see pics, you'll have to look elsewhere to find them ;-)

2009 Recap:

- I was home with my sweet Riley full time until April, then I worked part time as a reading specialist until June.

- 8 of the 12 classes I had to take for my Masters Degree were completed in 2009.

- We conceived a SURPRISE baby in May.

- One week before learning about the above surprise pregnancy, I learned that I got a full time reading specialist position for the 2009-2010 school year.

- Went back to work full time in September and really enjoy my job.

- FINISHED my Masters Degree from UVA.

- Riley turned 1 in March and continues to amaze me every single day.

- Celebrated 4 years of wedded bliss.



Resolutions for 2010:

- Lose all of my pregnancy weight.

- Run in a 5k. Anyone want to resolve to do this with me??

- Pay off some of our debts so we can afford the $1100 in daycare costs next school year!

- Get in a routine and enjoy being mommy to TWO beautiful children.

- Attend church more regularly.

- To show a large amount of reading progress in my students at the end of the year.

- To be a more supportive "soccer wife."

That's all I can think of for now. Today I go for my 36 week appointment and find out if I'm making any progress toward labor. I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Emily said...

LOVED this post!!! I want to run a 5K too...but here is my problem: 1. we are soon BOTH going to have 2 kids...who is watching the kiddos while we run?? 2. I don't belong to a gym...3. I don't own running shoes....all that being said...I'm game...I'M SO GAME!!! Let's so do this! Kel...you in???

Keeping up with the Jones said...

I did start weightwatchers last Saturday so hopefully getting this weight off (18mo late) will help me run. I'm game gals! Let's totally do it! I belong to a gym, maybe this will help get me motivated! :) Amy, coordinate it (like you have so much free time)! :)

On another note, 2010 will be a beautiful year for The Wolford Fam! You'll be getting such a wonderful blessing in February. You'll be a amazing mother of 2!

Okay now that I've written a book,..sorry! 5k here we come!