Don't get me wrong, I am SO GLAD that summer break is almost here. BUT, I am getting in a groove with my whole "two kids during soccer season" routine and being a working mother.
Although I know that you probably have no desire to hear about my routines, I just want to have it documented for future reference. When my kids are teenagers, I can pull this up and say "see what I did for you!" Or, when I think back to these days and say "how did I ever do that?," I will just pull this up and reminisce.
This is going to seem like the longest post ever, but here goes....BORING ALERT!!
Evenings:
I leave work at 3:00pm, pick Riley up from daycare around 3:15, then pick Braylen up from my mother in law's house around 3:45.
As soon as we walk in the door (which is a whole other routine, just getting from the car to the house, with two kids under two years apart!), Braylen gets a bottle, which is already in the fridge ready to go, and Riley gets a snack. Then, we all play for awhile.
I usually start dinner around 5:00 or 5:30. Riley and I eat dinner around 5:30 or 6:00. If it is a bath night, I give both kids a bath....or let Riley shower with me, then give Braylen a bath.
After bath, I make three bottles for Braylen and Riley's cup of milk (for our morning drive) and put them in the fridge. I also make my lunch for the next day.
At 7:00, I feed Braylen and lay him down in his crib. My little man usually plays for a minute or two, then falls asleep on his own. I am so blessed to have another good sleeper!
At 7:30, Riley gets a diaper change and I dress her in whatever she is wearing the next day. Read a book and lay her down for the night.
After Riley is in bed, I either shower myself if I haven't already done so, or just relax until bed time.
Mornings:
Alarm goes off at 5:30am. Get myself ready from 5:30 - 6:00ish.
Between 6 and 6:15, I wake Braylen up, after watching him sleep for a minute. Diaper change and bottle, which is already made in the fridge. Everything else he needs for the day is at Jane's so I just put him in his carseat and put him in the car, along with my lunch and Riley's cup of milk.
At 6:30, I wake Riley up, after watching her sleep for a minute. Diaper change, snuggles, and put her in the car.
At 6:45am, I leave the house. Drop Braylen off at Jane's around 7:00, then drop Riley off at daycare around 7:30, and get to work at 7:40.
There you have it - my daily soccer season schedule! I don't know why it makes me incredibly happy to have this documented. Maybe because I didn't keep track of Riley's schedule and wish that I had.
New post with Riley's 2 year pictures soon and other 2 year old news!
No comments:
Post a Comment