I have several friends who are expecting babies and their #1 question has been about getting the baby to sleep through the night without having to rock the baby to sleep every night (which is still nice on occasion). We mommas like our sleep! So, I thought I'd do a little "Top 5" for sleep training in the Wolford household. I'm sure the Dowdy and Jones Top 5 would look similar, too!
I just want to preface this by saying this is what worked for me and for other friends of mine with children. I know of plenty of other parents who used different methods that worked for them. Every parent and child are different. I think everyone has to find what works for their child.
1. On Becoming Babywise. Shocker, I know. The whole scheduling and eat, play, sleep cycles just worked wonders for us with both children.
2. Using a sound machine in the baby's room
3. Swaddling
4. Exact same routine at night. Ours is pajamas/diaper on, then bottle, then swaddle, then bed (still awake), then lights out, then sound machine on at 7:00pm.
5. Being patient and flexible with the routine. Like tonight, Braylen didn't get in bed until almost 8, which is perfectly fine.
Any other things you could add to this list that has worked for you?
1 comment:
I hope this works! I am counting on it!
Post a Comment