I am a SYATP alum. Proud to be an alumni. :-)
I love seeing people gathered around the flagpole on this day every year. It always brings back the memories of my SYATP days.
In 6th grade, my youth pastor called us all to do SYATP at our schools. When I checked into it, I found that it had never been done at my middle school, so I went through the process of organizing the event. Well, the principal fought it and said he would not allow me to do it at that school! Of course, my mom, youth pastor, and other parents got involved, and the principal had no choice but to let us hold the event. So, I was part of the first ever See You At The Pole at my middle school.
I remember having those middle school feelings of "I'm cool to be doing something different," "I am showing my faith in God and being a witness to others," and at the same time I felt, "this is a little embarrassing" and "I wonder who is watching me."
So today as I was driving to work and passed a few SYATP event taking place, I smiled and said a little prayer for those kids who were brave enough to stand out at the pole this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment