Oh, Spring Break, how I adore you. Is it bad that I spend my ENTIRE school year anxiously awaiting the next break? I love my job, but I sure do love my babies more! I guess I should be thankful for a job where I only work 180 days a year and get off work at 2:30 each day. I may have actually calculated the years I have to retirement at one point while I was on Spring Break....sigh.
This Spring Break was truly one of the best ever!! Tony had to work all week (boo!) and my parents are super busy building their log cabin, so I was determined that I was going to be intentional about spending quality time with the kids this week and really enjoy the time that I had them to myself. So, when I asked Riley what she wanted to do all week while we were home, she said, "Let's make a list!"
Thus, the Spring Break Bucket List was born...
1. Go to Breakfast - I don't have a picture, but we hit up McDonalds one morning. We made it through breakfast, but I did carry a screaming Braylen to the car at the end. ha!
2. Go to a movie. This was, of course, just for the girls! No boys allowed. Braylen stayed with Gramlet, and Riley and I drove to Lynchburg, had lunch, and went to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D. When Belle first came out in the yellow dress, you should have seen Riley's face light up! Priceless.
3. Go to the library. This was a hit! Riley came home with 8 (yes, EIGHT!)Dora the Explorer books and Braylen brought home a Dr. Seuss book. I feel bad for the person who has to put all the books back in order though.
4. Have a picnic and
5. Go to the park - And according to Riley, a picnic is not a picnic if you sit at a table...the blanket has to be on the ground....or else.
6. Have a campfire (I added "with s'mores") - Gramps and Gramlet joined us for this one. We had such a good time, until one log went a little crazy and we had to put the fire out after about an hour and a half....sshh, don't tell the fire marshall. Riley and Braylen were covered in marshmallow and chocolate and smelled like a campfire. :-)
7. Get a "little" swimming pool. We saved this for the warmer weather at the end of Spring Break. Definitely a way to end the week for this little girl!
We also spent an entire day at my parent's land where they are building their cabin. The kids played in the dirt and the creek, rode bikes, I took a walk, and fun was definitely had by all!
8 more weeks til Summer!!







1 comment:
So so so much fun!! What great ideas and great memories:) also, layna totally read that exact toy story book that braylen is reading in the pic today at the vinton library!
Post a Comment