Sunday, April 29, 2012

Newfound Bravery and Mommy's Tears of Joy

My sweet Braylen is sometimes shy and scared to try new things.....much different than his sissy.  I have taken them both to Pump It Up several times and Braylen usually WILL NOT do anything but run around and kick a ball.  He wouldn't go near any of the inflatable stuff. 

This past Friday, I was off work for one of our snow make up days that we didn't use and Riley asked to go to the "jumping place."  I had a coupon where I could get one admission for half price so I thought, "well, at least I'll only be paying half price for Braylen since he won't do anything."  And off we went Friday morning after breakfast to the "jumping place."

At first, Braylen did just what I expected and kicked the ball around.  Then he climbed into one of the holes of the obstacle course inflatable and went in and out of the entrance to that several times....no big deal, but still better than he'd done in the past.

Riley came back (she had already made about 5 friends and was having the time of her life) and asked us to come watch her slide.  So Braylen took off running after his sissy.  He watched her slide a couple of times and helped her get off the bottom of the slide a couple times, both giggling hysterically. 

Riley ran off with her new friends to play something else, but Braylen stayed around the slide.  He decided to climb onto the steps and I kept thinking he was going to jump right back off, but to my surprise, he kept walking up. 

I quickly took a picture and sent it to Tony with, "Your boy finally found his brave."  I know it may not sound like much to some, but it was a moment worth tears of joy for this mommy.  I watched as he went up the stairs and down the slide a hundred times after that. 


it was hard to get a good shot of him coming down the slide

No comments: