Friday, January 11, 2013

2012 recap and 2013 resolutions

My annual recap and resolutions blog.....here goes.  To see last year, click here.

Resolutions from last year: (and comments in red about how it went!)

- Continue to grow as a Christian.  #1!! Absolutely felt a change here this year.  Also, I'm much more comfortable being public about my walk with God.
- Exercise and eat healthy. I love my running!  Signed up for mannathon in February of 2012 and never looked back...best decision I ever made.  Running is such a stress release for me.
- Buy a house (we are praying about this one and have some things in the works.) Bought my parent's house which we love.
- Bond with Victor. Definite yes!  I feel very close to him and he is one of my babies for sure.
- Be intentional in my parenting and learn to control my attitude when things get chaotic with my kids.I had a difficult summer this past year, but I am doing much better with this.  I find that reading christian books about parenting helps me a lot.
- Spend quality time with Tony. This continued from previous years.  We love being together just like we always have. 
- Spend quality time with Riley and Braylen. Tony and I both enjoyed this one this past year....making those special moments/memories happen just takes a little bit of intention and it's all worth it.
- Continue working to be an effective reading specialist. Still loving it.
- Continue spending time with my girlfriends. We try.....but could totally try harder to make this happen more.
- Go hunting.  Try out a crossbow. I went hunting, tried out a crossbow in practice, and got my very own COMPOUND bow (even better!)...no deer this year but there's always next year!!
- Stay out of debt and make wise financial decisions.Great, but always a work in progress!

2012 Recap:

- Riley turned 4
- Braylen turned 2
- It was a difficult summer being off with both kids....I don't know if it was their ages, but I had never had a summer with the kids as difficult as 2012. (Looking forward to 2013 though!)
- Learned a lot about acceptance, (of myself and also of others), being content in all things, throughout 2012.....such a great change the Lord worked in my heart. 
- Grew much closer in my walk with God and became more involved in church
- Both kids are in preschool this year and doing fantastic
- Potty trained Braylen (in progress still)
- We bought my parent's house and my parent's built a log cabin
- Gave up being a reading coach to just be a Title 1 Reading Specialist working with kids (permanent position)
- I became a runner.  One day, I was out running, and I came upon some teenagers just hanging around and they had to move out of the way for me and one of them said, "Watch out...there's a runner coming."  And I just had to smile because I have worked really hard to be a "runner." I always knew I could run if I wanted to, but the fact that I do it and I ENJOY it is what makes me happy....it's addicting, I tell you!!  I know that may sound a little boastful to some, but you know, I really just am proud of myself for accomplishing that goal of mine.
- Learned how to shoot a compound bow and crossbow.  Saw a black bear while hunting.  Finally gave in to my inner country chic and allowed Tony to put our deer mounts in our main living room...something I said would never happen.
- Joined a local farm share with tons of fresh, healthy farm food each week for 8 weeks.  Taught me a lot about cooking stuff I had never even heard of before (parsley root anyone?)
- Welcomed many new babies into our sweet friend family
- read a few parenting books that have given me new perspectives on raising them with a heart for God

2013 Resolutions:

- continue to grow as a Christian
- read more, relax more, enjoy more, pray more, accept more
- Continue to be intentional and have fun with my kids and husband
- read the Bible
- train for a 10k and hopefully a half marathon
 - Mentally prepare for Riley to enter Kindergarten
- work on letters, sounds, etc with Braylen (I believe he knows about 7-8 at this point which is a great start!)
- Spend more time with girlfriends and to always lift them up and support them and surround myself with people who lift me up and support me
- Settle into my reading position more and strive to always work hard and do my best at it
- Be smart in our finances

"Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is
honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure,
whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable 
if there is any moral excellence and if there is
any praise - dwell on these things."
Philippians 4:8




No comments: