Remember when I wrote about how strong I was getting and how I set a new pace record (9 min. mile or 27 minutes total) for myself in the Thanksgiving Day run? Well, fast forward a few weeks to the Jingle Bell run with FOUR hills and all of a sudden, I wasn't so strong anymore. My first mile (which was flat mind you) was an awesome 8.5 minute mile.....but then the hills began, and I believe my final time was 31 minutes. So I went from 8.5 minutes my first mile to 31 minutes total for 3 miles if that tells you anything.
What I learned from this experience was that I need to get my butt moving up some hills!!
Did I mention that my friend Jen, who just had a baby in OCTOBER, who hasn't run in years, only finished about 3 minutes behind me? Incredible. I was so proud of her accomplishment and happy for her. Her husband took a pic of us so if I can get my hands on it, I'll put it on the blog. Here's one Tony took:
| before the run |
| after the run....exhausted much? ha! |
No comments:
Post a Comment