Monday, March 15, 2010

Dear Riley,











Dear Riley,

You turned two on Saturday. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by. I'll never forget the day I found out I was going to have you. Your daddy and I had wanted a little boy and we were a little disappointed to find out you were a girl. It sounds mean to tell you that, but I want you to know that we are so happy you are not a boy!! When you were born, you were absolutely perfect and we wouldn't have it any other way. I thank God for you every day.

Two years later, you still bring us so much joy, happiness, laughter, and smiles. You make our lives more beautiful each and every day. You are quiet, but you can get really loud! You are careful, yet clumsy. You are sweet, yet strong minded. You are independent, yet love to be taken care of. You are sensitive, yet head strong. You are friendly, yet shy. You are cautious, yet sometimes fearless. You are funny and quirky. You love to sing songs, love to take walks, love to tackle daddy, love watching Elmo, love to play, love being a mommy to your dolls, love to color, write, and draw, and love being a big sister. You are so smart and love showing off for mommy and daddy. When I pick you up from school or when daddy gets home in the evenings, you make us feel like we are the best mommy and daddy in the world by the way you welcome us with open arms and an excited, "Daddy!" or "Mommy!"
I know everything there is to know about you, baby girl, and look forward to learning so much more. I dread the days when you will keep secrets from me, as all daughters do from their mothers, once they get older. I know in my heart, though, that we will always be best friends as the years go on. You will have your own friends and best friends and even, God forbid, boyfriends, that will come and go....but, I will ALWAYS be here for you.

I love you so much and want the best for you. I want you to grow up strong and happy and safe. Thank you for being the first to make us into a family. You play such a big role in making us who we are and what we will become. Happy Birthday!

Love,

Mommy








2 comments:

Keeping up with the Jones said...

Well definitely had a good cry this morning! Amy that was so sweet! I'm definitely running for tissues now. Riley you have been such a joy in our lives these past 2 years! We love you and can't wait to share many many more! :)
Love,
The Jones Family
(aka Your inlaws)

Emily said...

We love you Riley...You brought pink and sweetness to our friend family!!! You are beautiful inside and out!