Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What to do?

So, Tony and I currently lease my Honda Pilot. We really do love it and it has been my favorite vehicle that I've had. However, our lease is up in just a few short weeks. We know that leasing, in the long run, probably isn't an economical way of doing things, but has just worked for us with the Pilot.

We have several options -

a. Buy the Pilot.
b. Turn the Pilot in.
c. Buy or lease something else. With me getting my Masters Degree last year, I can get some pretty good savings with the Honda Graduate Program. I used this with Mazda when I got my Bachelors Degree and it really is a good savings! And we wouldn't have to pay a down payment on anything because we have leased from them before.

Our original plan was to just buy the Pilot. However, I'm finding that it is somewhat difficult to load the kids in and out. Everything is too high for Riley to load herself in and I'm kind of a wimpy girl when it comes to lifting anything. And the whole put her in one side, then put him in the other side....I don't know. Should we get something more "kid friendly?" Should we get a....dare I even say it...a minivan? With only two kids?

I believe Tony actually wants to get a van. I'm still wavering....any thoughts from my other mommy friends out there?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get a van! Our family got one when I was pregnant with our second child (have since had our third), and it's fabulous! Although I still consider myself to young to actually drive/own one, I wouldn't give it up. I love the space - we are able to fold our seats down for more cargo space. It is a big step, but you won't look back. Embrace the van.

Emily said...

Our Acadia was our compromise...Chris did NOT want a van...I did NOT want a Yukon...its smaller than a Yukon but looks like a Van in the inside!! We love it! But girl you know I'm not opposed to the van!!!

April and Brad said...

Don't do it girl. Don't cave in for the van :) haha Hope you guys have a great thanksgiving :)