Dear Tony,
Today marks five years since we stood in front of our friends and family and were pronounced husband and wife by my "PawPaw." In five years, our love has grown so deeply that I can honestly say I love you more today than I did then. You are one of only a handful of people who truly know me. You know everything there is to know about me and yet, you still love me. I love that I know the sides of you that other people don't get to see....your soft side, your spiritual side, and your goofy side to name a few. Not a day goes by that you don't given me a kiss and tell me you love me. That means a lot!
You have been there for me whenever I've needed you....through sickness, pregnancies, hormones, job interviews, graduate school, parenthood, and everything in between.
You are a busy, busy man, but the second I say I need you, you will happily change your plans. Of course, I don't like to do that very often...I enjoy watching you go into your "man" element of hunting, golfing, or watching football. You work so hard and you also acknowledge frequently how hard I work. You are always ready and willing to give me a break whenever I need it....sending me out each morning by myself when we are on vacation or watching the kids while I take a bubble bath or taking the kids out with you for several hours while I stay home and enjoy the peace and quiet.
I watch hunting with you and you watch Grey's Anatomy with me. We enjoy cooking together...you do the grill, I do the sides. You rinse the dishes, I put them in the dishwasher. I make the bottle, you put Braylen to bed. We both put Riley to bed, laying on either side of her and each sing a song or two. We are always a good team!
I could probably count the number of arguments we have had on one hand. We have excellent communication and I am so thankful for that. I love how we support one another....I couldn't have gotten through some rough times without you (losing Maize, my grandfather, times of sickness, finishing my Masters Degree, your words of encouragement all the way to the hospital when I was in labor with Braylen). We encourage one another to go and do things that we love. On the other hand, we really enjoy being together. Those moments we have alone after the kids have gone to bed or when we are out alone are some of the most cherished times we share. And when the four of us are together as a family, my heart becomes giddy with happiness! When I watch you, the man who showed up at my college dorm for our first date eight years ago, singing songs to our daughter or making our son giggle, my heart melts all over again.
We both LOVE living the simple, country life and I love how we share a vision of what we want our future to be. I can't imagine my life without you and can't wait to spend many more years with you living life in the country.
I love you! Just Because. ;-)
Love,
Amy
12-17-10
2 comments:
I'm looking at my "Amy and Tony" ornament hanging on my tree right now from your wedding!! Amy, that was SO SO sweet!
Yes it was so sweet that I am crying haha :) Happy Anniversary guys!!
Post a Comment