Now, use the above words and create a summary predicting my hunting experience with Tony last weekend. In my non-hunting Reading Specialist world, this is called a word splash and my students love making predictions this way!
Ok, back to hunting...because I know the "doe-urine" peaked your interest...
Tony and I spent the night at Buddy and Sue's cabin in Ferrum the Friday after Thanksgiving (sans kids!). When we got to Ferrum, Tony took me to the woods for Gun Shooting 101. The gun was hard to hold steady while aiming at a target, but I did a pretty good job. Tony said my shots would make a "dead deer." LOL
From there, we went back to the cabin and got in bed early for a 5:30 wake up time. Sue got up and fixed us breakfast. Then we got dressed and headed out. Tony was so cute getting things ready for me to go hunting. He made a list of all the things he had to make sure I would have to stay warm. He bought me a pair of camouflage coveralls and packs of hot hands. He made sure I had long johns, a hat, thick socks, boots, gloves, etc. So sweet! I love him!
We hiked up the mountain in the pitch black and made our way to our double tree stand. Tony hung some doe urine scent near our stand. We climbed, settled in, and from there, it was just sitting, freezing, whispering occasionally, and mostly silence.
After a while of not seeing anything and the wind blowing pretty hard, we decided to climb down and walk the woods. We had to walk very slowly so we wouldn't spook any deer. This is the point where Tony attached the doe urine TO MY BACK. Yes, doe urine. A whole new level for me.
Now, imagine.....me, Amy Wolford, creeping through the woods, doe urine on the back of my camo coveralls, gun hanging on my shoulder.
I HAD A BLAST!!! We didn't see any deer, but I cannot wait to go back. It was so peaceful and every time we thought we heard one, I would get so excited. I could do without the freezing part, but other than that, it was an experience I will never forget and I am so happy that I got to share it with my hubby.
I think the two of us could be the next "Lee and Tiffany." ;-)
After hunting for half the day -
On our way out -
No comments:
Post a Comment