Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Recap and Resolutions

I thought I would start my 2010 recap with the resolutions I created last year. Click here to see the post from last year. So hilarious to read back through my older posts, especially the pregnancy ones! Here is my resolution list from last year...with my notes about how I did with them.

Resolutions from 2010:

- Lose all of my pregnancy weight.

Check! I lost it all through eating healthier and running, but I always say that even if I weigh the same (or less), my body just doesn't look the same as it did pre-pregnancy...baby pooch, anyone?

- Run in a 5k.

Nope! Tried to get this organized on several occasions, but either the scheduling didn't work or I didn't have anyone to do it with me. I'm just not ready to go at this alone so maybe for 2011! Any takers?

- Pay off some of our debts so we can afford the $1100 in daycare costs next school year!

Sort of check! We have paid off a few things. We ended up only have Riley's daycare costs this year, but will have daycare for both kids next year...yikes!

- Get in a routine and enjoy being mommy to TWO beautiful children.

Check! Surprisingly, this was probably the easiest one of all. I know that sounds crazy, but we really did just jump right in when Braylen was born. Don't get me wrong...there were (and still are) some CHAOTIC moments, but overall, I'd say it was a pretty easy transition. I absolutely love being a family of four! Braylen is the most sweetest little boy with the cutest curls and I love him so much! Riley continues to amaze me with her quirkiness and smarts....she is such a fun, sweet, and loving little girl. I am so happy that she was our first born!!

- Attend church more regularly.

Check! Although, when Tony got promoted and his schedule changed, we weren't able to go as often. This will continue to be on the 2011 list!

- To show a large amount of reading progress in my students at the end of the year.

Check! My students from last school year made vast amounts of reading progress. My students this year are also making huge strides in their reading!! I love being a reading specialist!!!!

- To be a more supportive "soccer wife."

Uuuummmm....maybe a teeny, tiny check. I tried, people, I really did. But, with both babies at home, living an hour away from work last year (not this year!), soccer season was DIFFICULT last year. It was five days a week, where he did not see his kids for more than 30 minutes a night...if that, and didn't get to see them on Saturday mornings. So, he made the decision to not coach this year.

Other Recaps for 2010:
- Lost our beloved pet, Maize. We miss him so. This was one of the most difficult things either of us have been through in a long time. Maize was just like one of our children and there is the feeling of something missing since he's been gone. We have decided to get a puppy...a chocolate lab! It took us a while to agree on what to get, but we finally decided a few days ago....hope to pick it up in the next few weeks. Riley said she wanted a brown puppy and she was going to name it "Momma." LOL
- I switched to another school system as a reading specialist and I LOVE MY JOB!!
- Tony got promoted to Sergeant. He liked it but couldn't handle the shifts, so he just switched back to a records officer which has great hours. We are very happy!



2011 Resolutions:

- Enjoy my kids and plan fun things to do with them!
- Spend more quality time with my husband.
- Continue to Exercise, Eat Healthy
- Attend church more regularly.
- Run a 5k.
- Pay off more debts.
- Go hunting.
- Spend more time with girlfriends!! (Come on girls!)
- Work hard to do a good job in my career.
- Get and train a new puppy!!!




No comments: