Friday, February 11, 2011

Dear Braylen,


Dear Braylen,

Today marks one year since God brought you into this world! You are the most amazing little boy. I'll never forget the moment I found out I was going to have a new baby, or the moment I found out I was going to have a little bundle of blue, or the moment I first held you in my arms. I worried that it would be difficult to love you as much as I love your sister, but in the instant I first held you, I knew my heart had made room for you.

A year later, I am so unbelievably and completely in love with you. You are such a little charmer. You smile, giggle, babble, and play in the cutest of ways! Every single day, you make me feel like the best mom in the world. You'll cling to me sometimes when others want to hold you and it makes me smile. When you are hurt, you immediately turn and look for me, then you crawl to me as fast as your little legs and hands can go. Whatever your sissy is playing with, you want in on the action, too. You love to hang out with your big sissy, even when she is bossy!

You are a tough guy and getting stronger than your sister! If you want something, you are so persistent. If Victor jumps on you, you just push him out of the way. You loved to hang out with your big dog brother, Maize, but you are still trying to get used to having a puppy around.

You love your daddy to the moon and back. If daddy throws you in the air, you just giggle and giggle. And if daddy gets on the floor or the bed to wrestle with you, you get so happy!

You are such a boy! Forget books, or letters, or abcs, videos, or that TALKING stuff....you just want a ball, or a plastic golf club to hit things with, or a car to push. If Riley hands you a letter, your only reaction is to throw it! If she hands you a doll, you just beat it on the floor. You are spoiled rotten, happy to be so, and you don't plan on changing that.

You love to play peekaboo and you are so cute when you get behind the highchair and duck your head, then peek around the corner, and start giggling!

When I'm holding you and give you a kiss on your head, you always lean your head in for more kisses, and I happily oblige! I'll give you smooches any day, baby.

I know that God is going to fill your life with good things, baby boy. I am so happy to be your mommy!

Happy Birthday! I love you so much!

Love,

Mommy

To read Braylen's birth story, click here.

No comments: