Monday, November 24, 2008

Another year older...

Happy Birthday to me! My words to Tony this morning as he was getting ready for work were, "I'm old!"
Wow! The many things a year can bring! This time last year, I was 5 1/2 months pregnant and was having a baby shower in Michigan with Tony's Michigan family. My face was blood red when one of the family members announced to the crowded room full of people I didn't know that it was my birthday. BAM!! All eyes on me.....huge pregnant birthday girl! It was so embarrassing...AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF, they sang "Happy Birthday" to me. It was very thoughtful, however, and I appreciated that they wanted me to feel special. It was a beautiful shower and great company.
Then, just a few short months later, I held my baby girl for the first time. Absolutely amazing! The past year has been full of blessings (and some sleep deprivation) and I thank God for providing me with such a fulfilling and accomplished life. It's been a great year!
Tonight, we headed to Olive Garden (who would've guessed?) with my parents. Riley was in a sour mood the whole way there, but settled down once we got there...thank goodness! The pumpkin cheesecake slice I ordered is sitting in the fridge right now calling my name!! And I got TWO surprise gifts this year. I was telling Tony that it had been forever since I received a gift from family that I wasn't already expecting. So, I was all excited to receive a new much needed watch from Tony and Riley and new AnnTaylor Loft pjs from my parents. On the way home, Riley fell asleep in the car and I couldn't help thinking back to what life was like without her, just one year ago...boring and definitely not as beautiful!
Here are some birthday pics -



My new watch
My new pjs

No comments: