Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Date "Day"

Tony was off from work today, so we went out for our date "day." It was my turn to pick the activity, so we went to the Chinese buffet (actually, that was Tony's idea) which was delicious. I kept feeding Riley her little puffs and she was content enough that we got to eat in peace (unlike my trip to Olive Garden w/ Emily and Sam where neither Emily or myself got to eat in peace). Then, we headed over to the mall, where we realized that we had forgotten the stroller! So, Tony just held her which made for a quick trip in and out. We went to Old Navy and bought Christmas pajamas for the three of us. Don't worry, Maize has a scarf on the way...he won't be left out! Don't forget to get your camera ready, Emily! Then, we took Riley to visit Santa. Santa wasn't in the most chipper mood, although, I can't say that I blame him. The man was burning up!! Of course, we couldn't get Riley to smile, but it still made for a cute picture. I tried to make her smile, but anyone who knows me knows I'm not the most "silly" person. Here's the pic - she had the most adorable black shoes with a bow on them that she kept kicking off of her feet. She looks so grown up in this picture, I think.



Speaking of Maize, I am reading the book Marley & Me. I just bought it yesterday and I'm already over halfway through it. If you are a dog lover, you have to read this book!! While I'm reading it, I start cracking up laughing and Tony thinks I'm crazy. Several of the "incidents" that happen in the book remind me of our little Maizer when he was just a puppy and he lived with me while I was in college. Of course, once Tony got him, he's been the most well trained dog anyone could ask for. One line from the book talks about how one particular dog became the one that all other dogs would be compared to....that's definitely Maize. He's the best dog ever! We tried to get another one, a black lab name Pyper, but she just couldn't live up to the "Maize standard." We gave her away after a year.
On a sad note, Maize had another seizure last night. That's the second one in just a few weeks. Luckily, Tony was home and held him. When I'm home alone and it happens, I fall apart like a little baby. I don't know if you can pray for animals, but please keep him in your thoughts! He is our first born child ;-) Here are some pics -


Our big guy



Poor Pyper didn't stand a chance...





No comments: