Wow! Thanksgiving flew by! It's hard to believe it's already over and Christmas is on its way. I love Thanksgiving. The sad part is that it has taken me 26 years to really appreciate holidays and traditions. Having Riley here with us has made a huge difference in how I see things now. When she was born, she gave everything in our lives a whole new meaning! So, I guess I don't have to tell you guys what we were thankful for this Thanksgiving ;-)
One of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving is the time we spend with our "Friend Family" as I like to call it. The Friend Family consists of Chris, Emily, Sam, Josh, Kelly, Jackson, Tony, Riley, and myself (and of course baby girl Dowdy on the way!). I love spending time with these guys! Everything is so much more fun when we are all together or when it's just the girls having "girls night!" Thank you guys for our beautiful friendship! We had our annual "Friend's Thanksgiving" on Sat. night. We had a wonderful time as always! It's so funny to think that at last year's Friend's Dinner, Sam was the only baby. Now we've got Jackson and Riley! It was a wonderful dinner, especially the chicken that Emily and Chris slaved over ;-) Kelly's desserts were fantastic!! I made potato casserole and TWO types of green beans. Yes, Christopher Dowdy got his very own "plain" green beans. Aren't I a good friend? (P.S. - April, I loved having you guys w/ us Wed. night! You guys fit right in w/ our "friend family!")
Here are a few pics from the evening, and also one from last year's dinner.
FYI, Date Night this week - Michiganopoly and Tree Decorating (w/ colored lights this year!!)
For the record, I kicked Tony's butt at Connect Four last week! Michiganopoly, on the other hand, is another story.
Friends' Dinner 2007 (Amy - 6 mo. pregnant, Kelly - 3 mo. pregnant)

the best kid shot we could get...
Ellie Belly (the Dowdy's dog) in the pic...
Sam sharing his beloved football (or any ball for that matter)
2 highchairs and a swing this year!
nice Friend Family shot
Jackson knows how to work it! Isn't he precious?
Silly shot - notice the baby switcheroo, I swear I had a silly face (I let down my "1/2 introverted" guard and made a silly face but it was too late for the snap of the camera!)
Sam and Riley (with apple juice all over her shirt...nice touch, isn't it?)
And FINALLY, I saved the best for last, right honey? The other reason Thanksgiving was so great this year is because Tony got ANOTHER BUCK!!! He even made it back in time for my family's Thanksgiving dinner, which he hasn't done the entire time we've been together, 6 years! I'm so happy for him because it makes him so happy! Here's a pic! I want to name him "Pilgrim." What do you think?
1 comment:
You are too sweet!! Brad and I had a great time being with you guys too! Hope to see you again soon :)
Post a Comment