Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Go Blue!!

Okay, I think everyone knows this, but for those of you who don't know, the Wolfords are die hard U OF M fans!!!!! I like to say that I am a fan by marriage. Once you marry in to this family, Maize and Blue pretty much become a part of your life. For example, our dog is named Maize, a room in our house is devoted to showing off the U of M, Tony has (and I kid you not) at least 30 (and I'm sure I'm underestimating) Michigan shirts/sweatshirts/etc, anytime we are asked to pick a color we immediately choose blue or yellow, anytime we see sports stuff we automatically start scanning for Michigan, and Saturdays during football season are a time for focusing at our house.


Seriously, I've had to learn the "rules" of Michigan game days, like...

1. Don't make too much noise

2. Only ask questions during commercials and that's only if things are going ok

3. Don't ask for help unloading groceries from the car during games

4. Don't offer food during games as Tony usually cannot eat

5. Don't invite friends over for games (remember, time for focusing!)

6. If he is watching the game after the fact b/c he had to record it, DO NOT GIVE AWAY ANY DETAILS ABOUT THE GAME

7. Don't say or do anything that may "jinx" the outcome of the game

8. If the game goes badly, don't say anything about it

9. If the game goes well, I can ask for anything!!!

10. Don't plan any events (like dinner with friends/family, baby due dates, etc. that might interfere w/ game time.


It's so funny to tell people we can't do something or to my mom, "no, I can't ask Tony to help with the baby right now....he's watching the Michigan game!" People sometimes just don't understand... it's a part of him so I don't take that away from him.


Anyway, to make a long story short, Tony and his family are going to Michigan this weekend to see the game! I'm very excited for him and while he is at the game, Riley and I will wear our Maize and Blue in support here at home. Hopefully next year, I can make it to The Big House!!! (hint hint Honey)


To catch some time together before he leaves, the three of us went to Olive Garden for lunch today.....mmmm pumpkin cheesecake heaven!! You've gotta try it!



Last but not least, here are some pics of Riley cheering on the Maize and Blue!

My favorite...




I promise I dress her in pink most of the time!


Me trying to be a photographer...





after a loss....

No comments: